Saturday, July 21, 2012

Ramadhan and all its blessing

Salam Ramadhan to all. Who knew one year can pass us by so very fast? A year ago, I was in a small hotel room in Ho Chi Minh City, trying to figure out how Ramadhan will be for me. Terawikh was easy cause the mosque is just a few minutes walk from my hotel. I sort of refrain myself from wearing telekung from the hotel like we all would do in Malaysia, just to save me from stares from the locals. My break fast was mainly around Dond Du St where most of the halal restaurants are. Well, I bet you know the feeling when after awhile all this can get pretty boring and not to mention I looked pretty sad eating there all alone. So, I packed the food and ate in my room, turned on Skype and video chat with my beau. Then, I spent most of my time reading the Quran. Although I didn't manage to finish it, but I still think I did good.

And a year from all that, I'm now in Kuantan on day 1 of Ramadhan. I never felt so much blessed to be back. Apart from the abundant food I get to buy at bazaar Ramadhan near the stadium, mom is making ikan patin masak tempoyak and sambal udang! Hehe. Nevertheless, I'm still wondering how this Ramadhan will make any difference to me like it did last year. Somehow when I'm all alone and not tight to any Ramadhan-social-events, I accomplish more. 

Hmm, one thing I know is I want to cook and eat home all the time. After spending two weeks abroad, eating food that has french fries on the side all the time, I'm craving for home cook meal. Yeay!

Buffalo steak sandwich in Paris. See what I meant? Urgh, more home cook food s'il vous plait?

3 comments:

Anna Mohamed Amin said...

lerr.. u were in Kuantan ke? tak roger.. >_<

fzrzk said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
fzrzk said...

Anna! I'm so sorry! I was in Kuantan for just two days, in which I spent more than a day sleeping :( Jetlag was still pretty much bugging me that time. Will definitely catch up with u when I get back the next time!! Miss u lots!