Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Books

Well, I'm away again. Nothing new there. 

Going back to my book dilemma, I'm done with Animal Farm and now I'm reading Wally Lamb's I Know This Much is True. That book is almost 1000 pages so, I cannot count the days until I'm able to finish it! 

Nevertheless, given that Animal Farm was written in 1940s, it is really quite a revelation. It is almost certainly mimicking the state of Russia during Stalin leadership. I'm no historian, but I get the message from it. What is more interesting is the fact that some "animals" (or people in real life) can blindly follow a leader without arguing what is right or wrong. Can one forever be so naive? I can only wonder so much. I can already see that happening right now. I guess if I were to choose this book back when I was doing critical literature review in Grade 12, I would have been very analytical about it. 

Apart from that, I still have Che Guevara's The Motorcycle Diaries to continue reading as well. I read it halfway back in 2010 and now I need to finish it! Well, thesis was in the way of reading other materials. Hmmm, I know I have a quote from the book somewhere in this blog. Haha.  

Ok, back to work for me here. 

Cheers!

No comments: