Wednesday, October 3, 2012

Comparing subways

I was browsing 9gag (on daily basis of course!) and saw this this picture "Toronto subway fail". It is just too funny not to post it! Even Kuala Lumpur has a more "complicated" subway/train route that this.

Somehow, despite this, I don't find it hard at all to commute in Toronto. It is much easier to walk (and save money) around downtown cause it is not as big as London, Paris or NYC. Having said that, I had been on all four cities. May I say I love NYC the most? It is the most convenient, love their cheap 4-days (or 1 or 8 days etc) pass system, it takes you everywhere and most importantly, it is not confusing. With Paris, I like their cheap day pass as well, but it is a bit tough to get around Paris as there are quite a few transit we need to make before reaching our destination. I'm not a fan of London's Oyster card system (oyster for subway, really??) cause you need to refill as you go, much like our Touch N Go; and since it is in pound sterling, my eyes goes @_@ very fast...Hmmm, for Toronto, it is quite expensive and as you can see, it doesn't take you to many places heee.


From 9GAG

Our very own LRT/commuter/monorail system, from here
(not that you didn't know yet)


Oh well, I need to find a house near an LRT station, so this is my main map hehe.

2 comments:

Anna Mohamed Amin said...

Haven't been to NYC, but I consider Moscow's subway as one of the best (not being bias or anything). Barcelona's subway is good too! And I don't like London's subway either. It's too expensive to get around London!

They haven't seen Kazan's subway if they consider Toronto's a fail. It's just ONE LINE! LOL! but you can get around by walking. The town is so small...

fzrzk said...

:) nice to know bout barcelona, if i ever go there.
yerp, london is just too pricey. i wonder if you can save up if you live there.