Tuesday, August 5, 2008

This is my OBS story

Let me kick off my OBS story with a picture of my group : BUBU. What a cute name! And the people in my group are cute as well, especially Shasha n Che Mat! haha.
Pic description:
Standing at the back (L-R): Zinnirah, Afifi, En. Fauzi, Harun, Peter, Benson and Kak Zai
Standing in front (L-R): Che Mat!!, Judin, Fitri, Shasha, Ctod, Me and Neo
What a happy picture. U can say so cos this picture is taken after we are done with all the expeditions!
I prefer to go on day to day basis when I tell my tale. Ariff is using the same approach too, but oh what the heck! Some of the pictures I posted here are the same as my "OBS made me tanned" album on facebook. I do get a lot of comments there :)

Day 1
I left Kuantan at 4.30am for OBS. Such a bummer to leave that early. I thought I could just sleep in the car while my brother is driving. However, I couldn't. That's my nature folks, I just do not sleep in cars and this is due to several reasons which I don't bother to write them down here. We arrived in KL around 7.45am, quite early than I've expected, so we went to have breakfast. Apparently that restaurant is running out of Nasi Lemak (damn it), so I have to go for roti telur instead. I thought of having a heavy breakfast, just in case the bus didn't stop for lunch :P
Yea, I met up with all my friends at the Twin Tower. It felt so good to see them again. But I didn't instantly go and talk to them cos my parents are there and most of the mafias are guys, I don't want them to think otherwise pulak.
Somehow, Izyan and I got misunderstood and we got on a different bus than the other mafias. I thought of catching up some sleep because I know once I arrive at OB, tak tido punye. However, the only catching up I did was super hot gossips from Izyan. And I have mine to tell too!

K, this is way too much to write bout the bus trip.
Moving on....

Dah sampai OB, I told myself, tolong laah group best. haha. I guess that was too much to wish for :D I got in the first group, BUBU. When I look at my groupmates, I go darn, sape ni.... tak penah pon muka. I only know Afifi and Harun from the Mafias. I've seen Ctod (I thought eja Si Tot, but Mbn corrected me dgn Ctod), Neo and Zinn before, the rest.....total stranger! The fact that I was in the same group as Harun is what I called dejavu! Dah sangat2 kerap ni bergroup ngan Harun. But it's fine with me cos I know this group will rock no matter what! I have faith :P

Then comes the climb to our dorm! There are 80 steps to my dorm:Ledang. It was very tiring, and once I got in, it was dirty as well. We spent that afternoon sweeping and mopping the floor. In all, I'm very happy with the dorm cos it's better in so many ways than the BTN dorm.

Day 2
Ice Breaking~ I'm looking forward to this cos I can meet new people. Rupa2 nya my group + Tahan + Irau will be Group 1. Ok lahh. Layan je. We played so many games together. Paling tak tahan korup ialah game pass a rope from the front to the back. Game ini sangat mencabar moral dan akhlak because laki and perempuan kene pegang tangan di bawah kangkangan masing2. Teramatlah horror. I chose not to hold some dude's hand. Naseb baik Shasha n Ctod tak kisah. Seriously, that game amat corrupt! I dont have the pics but En Aznan does! nanti tgk k that pic dekat petronaswdc.com.

Petang: kayak intro! seronok seyh. Although it will be a lot better if I brought along my swimwear! At first I partnered with Harun. Somehow, we were chosen to do the capsize demo at the open sea where other partners just tepi pantai. Not fair tol. Fifi had that chance too. The not so nice part was of course, I couldnt pull myself up! I was very exhausted from swimming while holding the paddle and pushing the kayak to get to the rafting kayaks. Cess, so Harun had to give me a push. haha. But kayaking with Harun gave me one problem: I had difficulties in communicating with him. I think Harun pon perasan. Serious communication problem. lolz.

After the expedition briefing that night, Harun was elected as the sweeper. So he thought of going on a solo kayak. And Fifi immediately asked if I wanna kayak with him. Of course lahh I say yes cos I have no choice. Somehow Neo wants to kayak with Fifi too! cos she thinks her partner is not up to her standard. Ah, whatevs, Fifi dah ajak dulu, so tak boleh laa tukar dah.

Then comes this hilarious joke that only my group will understand...Lawak ini dipanggil Harun Salim Bachik... haha. After Harun was chosen as the sweeper, En Fauzi (my instructor) said "Korang tak boleh kayak lagi slow daripada Harun". Tetibe Shasha cakap, "huhu, kite kene make sure Harun je ade kat belakang skali, jangan Harun Salim Bachik pulak. HAHAHAHA. Aku tak leh bayang muka Harun Salim Bachik kalau berkayak"...tbc This might not sound damn funny cos I'm the one saying it, but trust me sangat kelakar...tunggu for the next part of Harun Salim Bachik.

Day 3
Kayak Day! Oh boy, I'm excited! This is my first kayak expedition :) and my first time partnering with Fifi.
Here are some pics. I'm lucky that my camera is waterproof. haha
The cute guy in blue is Peter. He was our Sea Captain. Together with his partner, Zinn...they are damn strong. They can go back and forth like nobody's business! Jeles yang teramat!

Getting ready with all our things~

Ck and Me minutes before leaving~!! U can see Fifi menyibuk kat blakang


For those who do not have sandals or refuse to tie their flip flops with tali rafia, u get to own a pair of imitation crocs that cost only RM10.90. Voila! I should have bought one for myself cos now my Nike sandal is ruined ! darn!

Fifi at work! Sorry fifi gamba gelap, cant see ur face :P I have to give credit to Fifi, if it wasn't cos of him, I dont think I can make it to Shawal Beach.

That's us. This picture is taken by Amar. Ade ke Amar nak celup2 my camera dalam air sighh. He said just to test betul ke waterproof!



During the time where I have to wait for others.

Throughout the whole kayak expedition, Fifi told me he wants to be at front all the time. That would mean, we have to keep up with Peter and Zinn. I kinda agree to that! If u stay at back, u somewhat feel demotivated. However, we still wait for others when we have to. The problem with that is, I get sea sick if I stop. Fifi was quite concern with my condition. Selalu encourage suruh muntah. cehhh it's not that easy dowh. Zinn ckp: Jolok je. errr....I tried, but my finger rase masin..ewwww.... somehow when YC capsized, and we were waiting for him to be rescued, I vomitted. Kluar kueh teow goreng...cos that's what I had for breakfast. lolz. After the lunch break, I don't feel like taking pictures anymore.

I think everybody had this: negative thoughts! Mine was worse. Fifi had to listen to my complains all the time. I wasn't me at all! I used harsh words to describe things, I was mad out of the sudden....it was bad! really bad! The current was so strong that we barely move at all for 1 hour! Finally I somewhat remember geometry..haha. Using math, it's easy to figure out how the hell u supposed to tackle the current. I attacked (huhu) at 45 degrees. And my oh my, it worked! Towards the end, Fifi was a bit frustrated n became negative too! I let him say whatever he wants to say cos I was like that too earlier. The stressful condition can only allow one person to be negative. haha. This time, I was very very positive cos I know dah dekat nak sampai dah!

After 9 hours of hard work, and I'm proud to say I didn't take a ride at all on the boat, we arrived safely at Shawal Beach! It's almost night so we have to kick up and start pitching our tents etc etc. I was delegated as the tent pitcher, so as all the boys. I refused to cook cos I dont like ppl to taste my food. lolz. Plus they say I know the knots for the tent. Haha ....cos I was a Scout. Kak Zai masak nasi yang sangat lahhh sedap! We had sardine and stir-fry veggies. We end the night with hot barley! Perfect! Although just the food part was perfect. The part when nature calls sucks worse than anything u can imagine. As for me, dah biasa laa juge. Time camping dulu mcm tu lahh. And time fieldtrip. But it's tough cos u have to find secluded place etc etc...siap gaduh2 lagi dgn boys. sighhh. not me, but ade lahhh...

Tido time was nice! dah lama tak tido begini. Believe it or not, takde nyamuk!! seriously takde! Sejuk plak tuhhh. hehe. Bangun2, makan breakfast....burger! and roti with jam! Burger tu sedap gils....mcm burger ramly tepi jalan. hahaha. Fine, this is the time u acknowledge the simple2 food that u have! when mcd is not around....burger cap ayam pon jalan!

Balek trip was fun! We took 1 hr 40 mins to get to OB from Shawal Beach. Sorry no pics! Too lazy. Dah laa kitorang amik kayak orang lain....cos we think our kayak is jinx. haha. sorry ctod n benson! That was Fifi's idea! haha. Kitorang at first target sea captain's kayak! The water was bit choppy on the way back. I had many occurence when I hit a wave and slammed the water, causing sea water to enter the kayak. The wind was strong too...there are some points when I had to just keep on paddling although we were way ahead of the sea captain just to battle with the wind. Before landing, we all rafted cos the sea captain wants to give our instructor a yell! sweet thinking Peter! Skali tengah tunggu semua orang tiba...nampak Harun dah sampai....tapi....kat blakang Harun ade satu lagi kayak.....Rupanya Shasha and Che Mat!! lolz, since mereka lambat and blakang Harun....mereka dipanggil Harun Salim Bachik...sorry if u didnt get the joke. Saye tak reti cerite balek joke orang.

Ok, this is way longer than I expected. Wait for my Part 2....where I go trekking, but I have to tell u first: I didnt bring my camera mase jungle trekking :(

Sorry for any grammar mistakes...tak larat nak check.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

farisa...saya bukan tak boleh berkayak dgn awak. cuma hari itu saya not in the mood. especially sbb kesian tgk che mat lemas. agak lawak juga keadaan che mat lemas itu, but saya boleh nampak dia dlm keadaan yg takut and tidak selesa. so saya amat sedih tgk dia. sbb tu bila awak ckp saya tak fokus langsung n kekadang fikiran saya melayang memikirkan che mat. that's all. lain kali kalo kita work together, mesti pasangan yg da bomb. hihihi...one more thing, burger to sapa masak?! hahaha...

irvingtan said...

Farisa!

Wanna know why si Peter Ng Chunwee tuh sangat gagah + mantap + power? He's FROM RMC LOL!!!!!

He was my senior kat sana (two years lagi besar) and even when he was a student, memang sportsman gila ah. I was really pleasantly surprised to find out that you guys were on the same OBS excursion.

Lol small world eh? =)

OBS looks like fun btw - looking forward to Part 2 - cheers! =D

Annas Aziz said...

peter yang cute...

aku tau dah irv, ramai gak cakap dia budak RMC, and tak pandai cakap cina sbb masuk RMC. do you have the same thing too??

OBS was fun, tp leceh gila...9 hours of my life wasted macam tu jer...

Afiqah said...

fun and adventurous..looking forward to that next year
kakak have a good rest and holiday!!

fzrzk said...

kepada harun: alamak, i dont mean it that way. saye paham....saye pon takut tgk che mat nak lemas n panic. tp pastu ade saye ckp ngan die, die kate die ok. and die puji kite mase demo capsize tuh. zinn pon puji juge. anyways, kite together? haha, mmg will bring the house down...rest assured!
DAN PENGUMUMAN NI: HARUN YG MASAK BURGER TU TIME KAMI BDAK2 PEREMPUAN PEGI MANDI :p PUAS HATI HARUN?? HEHE...THANKS MASAKKAN!

Irving: dah agak tahu he was from RMC. ceyhh gagah betul! takpe glad he was in our group. group BUBU mantap semua member2 die :D part 2 is coming soon!

Annas: annas ni ckp je 9 hours wasted....padahal giler laju kehadapan. happy tgk nanas laju gils! sampai pon lagi awal dari saye ;)

Afiqah: wahhh, semua bdak2 acadia kasi comment kat saye. hehe. thanks for u warm wishes! dah rehat dah ni. i believe u will also enjoy ur OBS next year! tp i remind u first, get u mindset right...jgn demotivated mcm saye :)

Afifi Rosselly said...

Harun ni power woo... masak burger pakai torchlight....!! Torchlight sape ntah die pakai..?? Tuan punye torchlight tu ade tolong gak kan masak skit2 burger tu, kan harun kan...??.

P/S: Btul tak farisa my firasat... the second day kayak tu, after dah tuka dgn kayak org lain, kite cam asyik kt depan jek... even nanas pon xley potong....

Annas Aziz said...

nama kayak aku brickfields, mmg hampeh gila kayak tu. nak ke kiri, stay ke kanan. nak ke kanan, stay on the left. mmg bengong. nways, semua dah berlalu...

fzrzk said...

eh eh, fifi pon tolong harun masak kaa?? berbakat ler tuhhh. sodap je makan burger pagi2

fifi, saye tanye ctod sal kayak kite yg die kene kayuh tu...mmg korup ler. naseb tukar ek! saket2 kalau tak tangan tuh

nanas: kuangkuangkuang. ketidakbolehan, masakan begitu. hari pertama gagah perkasa je nmpak! kami punye name georgetown. second day tarak tau name pe...main kebas je :P