Friday, November 20, 2009

Loser is a kind word

Oh dear! Seriously, nothing can beat how I feel right now.
I feel like a loser.
I just got back from a meeting with my professor and he handed back my thesis introduction paper. He didn't give me a bad mark, but I still feel like a bummed when he starts talking about some of the mistakes I made. You know the feeling you have when you submit something, you feel as though that piece is the best piece you've ever written. It turns out, it's not. That is how I feel right now. I thought I wrote an amazing paper. I told everybody "I'm super pumped to write the introduction!", and I was. I do believe I put a lot of work into it. However, when I talked to him, I just realise I didn't give myself enough reality check. I'm not trying to scare you of with the intensity of doing a thesis, but I just think I'm not being fair to my research work. Just when I think I did a lot, I didn't put as much effort as I did for my online class (tons of reading to do!). Geez. So, I'm writing here to tell you my frustration with myself. I know my supervisors are soooo into this project and I don't want to dissapoint them. He said himself just now, "I had you in some of my classes and I know how you work, but this intro is not nearly as good as what you are capable of" (something like that). Shoottttt!
Well, I say there is no time to feel like shit. I have no time to spare and by that, it means crunch time starts right now!! I have to reorganize my schedule. Thank you for reading.

-fz

No comments: