Thursday, November 17, 2011

Of desert and winter

If you see somebody from Muscat in your blog traffic...Hey, I could be reading your blog! I'm off to the desert in a few days. I miss it a bit. Huacachina in Ica, Peru remains the only desert I've ever been to and surprisingly, I love deserts!

It's gonna be winter soon and I bet winter in Omani desert is gonna be cruel to me. Geared up with only a rather-thick-sweater, I'm praying for my past Canadian-winter-experience to be my saviour. Even day time is only 29 degC in Muscat, and that is pretty low for Middle Eastern countries.

I think I will find some time to write down my Muscat story; although, it's not too elaborative so far :(

It's funny how back in Canada, I would be eating shawarma or briyani cause it is the only Halal option available. Then, I gorged Chinese, Thai or Vietnamese food, too. And now, I'm eating the same kind of food when I'm in Oman and when I was in Vietnam. Sigh...

I'm all on black & white mode; hence all the extra-effort-edited-photos on display:

Fort in Matrah, approximately 20mins from city centre


The beautiful beach near Shangri-La Hotel.


The massive & grand chandelier at Sultan Qaboos Grand Mosque.
The panel as my header was also taken at the same mosque.
This mosque definitely exudes the grandeur feeling above everything else!


Al-Zawawi Mosque near to my hotel. The mosque is pretty small, but grand, nevertheless


p/s: far away, again.

6 comments:

Shafiqah M said...

You visited my blog! Safe travels and have a wonderful time in Oman! :) Keep the photos coming! Miss ya, and much love.

fzrzk said...

LOL, *caught red-handed*

Thanks Shafiqah. I miss u a lot too!

All the best tau!

Anna Mohamed Amin said...

pegi jalan babe?! bestnyeeee!!

You visited my blog tooo!! hahahaa...
have a great time babe! I'm going somewhere this winter break too.. hehe.. :P

fzrzk said...

no lah, this is for work! strictly business. I just get to jalan2 a bit before i go to the rigsite.

now i'm curious where are u going! i think u've been like everywhere in europe *wink* whereto next!

Anonymous said...

How lucky of you to get to travel around!
Keep it up! =)

fzrzk said...

*wink* Thanks.
But this is a work-assignment traveling that I get to do.