Sunday, August 29, 2010

Jauh di Laut China Selatan

I'm leaving everything that is sweet and sour behind because I'm now in MIRI! I can't really describe how I feel at this moment, but if I had to say something I'd say I'm nervous for tomorrow and for the next two weeks. Why? 'Cause my life is taking yet another spin. I'm off to the platform for more than 2 weeks and by that, I mean I'll miss yet another Hari Raya. I guess I can't really ask a lot from my life at the moment 'cause I don't really have a control over it. Right now, I'm just following wherever life is taking me. No worries, no hustle... just do it.

I just got back from a mini tour around Miri with Rok, Faezah and Ariff Shazwan. It was nice of them to take me around. We had kek lapis Cadbury + spider web for bukak puasa. Ahhh! Nak pengsan sedap. Then, we taw-paw nasi lalapan and ate in our hotel room cause the restaurant was full! Right now, I'm not gonna worry about some freaking helicopter ride (yes, I'm nervous for that!) 'cause the kek lapis sangat sedap!

Actually, I've been trying to avoid telling people about me spending two weeks offshore and missing my 5th consecutive Hari Raya this year because I don't want people to feel sorry for me. But I'm writing it right here 'cause I don't want you to feel "Farisa gone MIA". As of now, I have a lot of reading to do and I need my shower. So, till the next time folks.


SELAMAT HARI RAYA AIDILFITRI
&
MAAF ZAHIR DAN BATIN
(mana2 terkasar bahasa, tersalah budi bicara harap maafkan saye)


Me in my baju raya for this year. Lucky to be wearing size S cause that's the only size available at this moment LOL




6 comments:

Linda Anuar said...

babeeeeeee, that's awesomeeeee. raya offshore! and OMG you're in miri? that's like my hometown (i lived in miri for 7 years before i moved to kuching) if you go to downtown and see a hotel named Mega Hotel (don't know if it's still named Mega) ahaha right across it was my primary school dulu2. then they moved the school to somewhere else. i miss miri :(

anyhow, lookin good babe! missing you here babe :(

Anna Mohamed Amin said...

thats so cool!!! awal2 kerja da perg offshore! huhuhu.. don't worry babe.. this year will be my 6th raya away from home.. ;P all the best babe! and selamat hari raya! hopefully next year u'll get to raya at home, coz insyaAllah I will be.. ;))

irvingtan said...

Question: did you actually get posted to the rig, or is it a temporary placement?

Obviously I am VERY interested in where Geology scholars end up XD

fzrzk said...

Lynn: I'm now no longer in Miri. I actually love Miri :)
and for the record, Mega Hotel still exist! Me looking good right in the coverall, I sure agree with u!

Anna: Insya Allah next year. Im keeping my fingers crossed for that!

Irving: It's like this, I'm now a Wellsite as well as an Operation geologist. I will be here for 2-3 weeks and then back to the office. Another pair would replace me at this platform. SO, when I'm at the office, I will be the operation geologist where I'll monitor the progress of the wells. We need our people at the platform all the time during drilling, so in my team we would rotate who gets to go to the platform. I guess, it's my turn now :)

Me said...

oOoo lalaaa
looking good with the uniform on
Selamat Hari raya, maaf zahir batin!!

fzrzk said...

yeay! thanx bebee!!
selamat hari raya to u too :) maaf zahir batin