Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Joyride of 2010

Bye bye 2010. You'll be missed.
I will mark 2010 as the year of liberty! why? Cause I went from student to employee. My first ever job, if I may add.

Much like my "Joyride of 2009" post, I should do the same for 2010!
So lets see some of the highlights (& lowlights) of 2010.

Big Teary Moment
Won the Bachelor Thesis Award 2010 from Ontario Petroleum Institute. Read the email at 5.50am with my eyes half opened. I was so shocked; my heart was racing and in my head I said "is this for real?". I cried minutes later. I called Kerol. He hated when I call him at odd hours. Haha. I cried even more after that. Then, I jumped around in the shower :) Nothing could go wrong that day. Hope you know I busted my arse off for that paper. And of course, for a chance to appear in the Down-to-Earth Newsletter, nothing can go wrong!

Best Bimbo Moment
Went on a cruise from Miami-Key West-Cozumel-Miami. Thanks to the influence from Pisau Cukur. Izyan even bought a huge hat for that...

Leaving Miami

Besar dowh kapal

Best Makan-makan Moment
At Bagan Lalang with the mafias!!! We had seafood at HM Sri Bagan. The food was amazing. On the way home, we made yet another stop for ice-cream! Heaven lah!

Best Mommy-Daughter Moment
Of course when she came over to Canada. Even my twin sister flew all the way from UK to join us! And I became the tour guide (& the driver!). My mom never had the chance and time to just travel like us, so I'm so happy I got to take her around :) It was a tiring 3 weeks for her, but hey everyday was very well spent! Took her to NYC, Montreal, Toronto, Bruce Peninsula, London and Niagara Falls. Kinda funny when I made my mom walked all around Manhattan. As I'm a self-proclaimed Manhattan local, I took her to so many places...not just to tourist spots. Sorry mommy, the only way to enjoy Manhattan is by walking :) Plus, she got to meet her old time friend who now migrated to NYC. Love!

Although I still can't forget how I walked into the LV boutique at 5th Avenue wearing silly flip flops and demanded my mommy to buy me one. Pffttt! Nice try, but no success :( But I like it when mommy says it's okay to swipe Daddy's credit card. Weeee!


Mommy and the Brooklyn Bridge

Statue of Liberty loves us!


Old time sake!

We're sure don't look like twins! Just us three "hiking" at Bruce Peninsula.

Best LIVE performace
Hands down, DAVE MATTHEW'S BAND. With that dude 5m from me, I can't describe the excitement lah. Too awesome!

Best thing I bought
It has to be my Love-Peace-Music Moleskine (CAD26). Bought it as a bday present for myself. A new journal. Haha. I have a name for it already. If Green Life refers to my previous diary, you have to wait until I change the name of this blog to know.

Most expensive thing I bought
A car. Duhh. My Perodua Viva cutelah!

Best Girls-Night-Out Moment
With Izzy. In Miami. Nuff said. The details are up to your imagination. Hehe

Best New Found Love
Anthony Bourdain

Best stress moment
To TD a well! I like the intensity of it. And how I got so anxious to know if we TD at the right lithology. And for that, our correlation with offset well has to be right. I love correlating wells! Arghh!

Best "I feel so important" moment
Strangers wanted to take pictures with me at Carassauga 2010. Why? Cause they wanna have a picture with the girl in the turquoise baju kurung :)

And I was excited to take pictures with others as well

Best "Whoa, he did not just say my name!" moment
When the Vice President of Academic at UWO recognized and congratulated me on stage during my convocation. He even know my effing name!

Silly Tears Moment
Stressed out when a friend made me looked like shit in front of others.

Worst lets find something decent
House hunting! Dangg! Why in the world can't I find a nice place to settle in?

Worst why am I here again? moment
On a ship trying to understand how seismic data were obtained. I lost >3kg in 1 week. I think you can guess why.

Worst "I can pee in pants for this" moment
To board on a helicopter, flew 50 minutes to the rig that is in the middle of nowhere. Ok, what if the helicopter crashed into the sea. Arghhh! Well, it's all good now. Hehe.

Not so happy phone call moment
Sleeping. Phone rings. "Anda dipilih bekerja dengan kami. Tunggu surat kami". And I just arrived Malaysia 7 days ago. No break. Sad.
(p/s: I sure glad I didn't take a long break cause I enjoy working!)

Lets hope I can find more things to add here.


p/s: If perfect is what you are searching for, then just stay the same. Sape nak cakap these words to me?

6 comments:

Anna Mohamed Amin said...

If perfect is what you are searching for, then just stay the same.. :)

fzrzk said...

aww! thx babe :) yeah, very meaningful hehe

irvingtan said...

I loved this post Farisa. It was incredibly endearing =)

You have a wonderful life. I'm envious =) (not to say mine is bad, but you get the idea)

fzrzk said...

hehe Irving, com'on lah. u have an awesome awesome awesome awesome life jugak!! envy with ur reviews on so many things! u know a lot of shit!! ur thesis pon macam awesome okay! ahhh irving awesome dowh!

irvingtan said...

I know a lot of USELESS shit - you forgot the adjective there Farisa sayang.

fzrzk said...

as much as i love descriptive words irving, useless is not one of it. so now u have to deal with my choice of adjective: u know a lot of mind-blowing shit!