Thursday, May 17, 2012

England + 2

In two months time, I'm off to England for le sister's convocation ceremony. I took 2 weeks off for this occasion and mind you that is very rare for my job. Nevertheless, I know 1 week is all bout London-Bristol-York, but I have 1 week reserve for "other European countries". If possible I might hit 2 countries! Well, I am yet to decide which two countries I should set my foot on. Perhaps France cause it is just next door to England. And my second country is either Switzerland or Italy. What do you think? 

The thing is, I always dream of going to Santorini in Greece. Back when I had this "must go places" list, Greece was the first and Peru was second. I somehow went to Peru first. Nevermind, I will go to Santorini one of these days and I already imagine how that trip will be hehe. I sure fantasize a lot bout trips and "Mamma Mia" sure has something to do with it :) 

Getting back to what I was saying earlier, this time around lets keep it bout le family trip to (parts of) Europe. I think my mom will love Switzerland and I love the Swiss Alps. What is not to love about mountains? I'm more of mountain person than beach. What's more I might even buy myself a Swiss watch there (le me has no watch!). And, what about Italy? I'm eyeing Capri here. Remember "The Lotus Eater"? That story got me jumping bout Capri. In the opening line...
"In 1913, I visited a friend who lived on the island of Capri. Capri is a most beautiful island in the Bay of Naples. From the island, you can see across the water to Mount Vesuvius on the mainland of Italy"
                (by  William Somerset Maugham)

Even that first two sentences got me to say, Capri is a must go place. Ever since then, I read even more stories on how beautiful it is. Anyways, perhaps Rome and Venice are more mommy-appropriate. I remember I took her to many many places in NYC; just so she sees New York City the way I do but after all is done I felt bad cause I made her go to these places at my pace. Ish ish ish. And I know she loves shopping, so maybe I can add more of that this time around.  

Then, London Olympics 2012 is also around the corner. I bet prices of about everything are due to be sky rocket! Sigh. The only best part is I get to buy some kind of Olympics merchandise! And if you know me, some shot glass would be nice :)  


p/s: reserving Santorini for a trip with my-certain-someone *blush*

7 comments:

Anna Mohamed Amin said...

Paris is definitely a must! but I've never been to Switzerland. Why not Scotland instead? I heard Edinburgh is gorgeous!

If you're planning 2-3 days for Italy, I say no because every city in Italy is unique and 2-3 days is just not enough. I spent 1 week just for Rome alone!!

Anna Mohamed Amin said...

Venice 2 hari cukup, definitely a "mommy" place. I love Venice more than Capri. There was nothing much to do in Capri. I felt the place is over-rated although it's beautiful but I feel Venice is more gorgeous than Capri. =)

fzrzk said...

Hmmm, points taken Anna! Will need to ask mommy really where she wanna go. Haha.

Above all, I'm running out time to plan this all out!

Anna Mohamed Amin said...

Pergi Amsterdam! Amsterdam best kot!! ;D

fzrzk said...

Oh Amsterdam eh? We'll see. Somehow, I'm not a fan of Amsterdam :p

Anyways Anna, this brings me back to lets have a traveling blog together! *wink* I takde lagi such blog, just tulis dalam this one je.

Anna Mohamed Amin said...

Amsterdam is really more than what people think it is. I really love Amsterdam. I thought of going again, since I'm having a 1 month break now, but I didn't have enough budget. Sigh. Maybe next time, bila ada rezeki. =)

I love to have a travelling blog with you!! I don't have one either except the ones I wrote in "Words of my Heart"... We could compile all of our posts! =))

fzrzk said...

Haha! Kan!! Gosh been having that travel blog since forever. Yet, I still haven't put it into actions! Hehe,

Well, what's the game plan ni?

^_^