Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Business vs. Pleasure

Blogging is a pleasure.
Reading is a business.
...that is to me. Might be different for other bloggers who actually make an income from blogging (think nuffnang!)

Yo, this year is crunch time. I have 2 classes this year, with one online course. It was great for 3 weeks, now I just realise thesis needs immense time spent on. Silly me! Fret not, I love my project and I determine to put my heart and soul into it. But, in order to do that, I have to sacrifice pleasure. And blogging is not my only pleasure. I have more. And my number one pleasure is, watching TV! That's why I don't watch TV at all in Malaysia, back in my SPM days. Don't ask me anything about TV shows...I suck at them! Maybe the new ones you can (think Gossip Girl!).

Heh.

So juggling between these two is intense, but I have to do it. My happy plan is,
  1. Watch TV on my iPod while doing workout so that I'm not conscious about time. I always do! What else to do other than to stare at the threadmill screen? Aiyaa. That means, my work out session has to be approximately 40minutes, and that would include warming up and cooling down!
  2. Eat while reading materials given to me by my professor, check facebook, emails and all that. I eat roughly 15 minutes. That should be good.
  3. Cooking time: To cut time, cook simple food. Most of the time I just create my own recipe because I refuse to use the typical tumis + campur daging/ayam + masuk sayur etc method. Now has to be grill. 'Cause that means, I can leave it to cook while once awhile take a look at it. Veggies - steam saja dong. Dah siap! Healthy skit.
  4. Spend most time at school. If I'm home, I'll be wasting time doing crap. Luckily I still have meal plan from first year (like $250 lagi) so I can eat on-campus any time I want or just go to Delaware residence and get food at the cafe.
That's my simple plan. It has to work! I will try to make sure of that. Blogging time? Curi2 laaa time :D


Moleskine Limited Edition Woodstock Sketchbook.
I WANT THIS!
$26 laaa tapinya. Jual at UWO Bookstore

Com'on serious people would buy this :) Like me! I'm serious. I'm thinking of using it as my new journal. The old one dah nak habes. Been using that book for almost 10 years now. Hoho. I have a feeling if I do buy this book, I might not write in it cause sayang hahahaha.

Wish me luck for my ambitious new time management plan!

See yah when I see yah
Lator my gators!
- FZ


(picture taken from Moleskine website)

7 comments:

Ariff Shazwan said...

That's not fair. Ak ada 6 classes + 1 field trip class + 3 group projects + 2 presentations + countless assigments + 5 midterm in a week + soccer tournament. And you think you don't have enough time. (#_#). farisa farisa.......

fzrzk said...

all i can say, thesis is different. for those stuff, u have deadlines. u pretty much know when u have to submit things. doing research is another thing altogether. the countless reading, understanding, talking to profs, and all that, it is unpredictable. all u know u better do things as soon as u get it. cause if something runs wild u gotta spend more time on it. as for me, i would rather do thing asap. i used to have a schedule like yours, but i didn't feel like it is as intense as this :)

Ariff Shazwan said...

haha.. that's fair enough..

tapi seriously dowh.. semester ni ak cam orang giler weyh.. every freaking day, there is an assignments to do.. everyday ak have to sit in front of the able and do at least two assignments. kalau tak. .tak dapat catch up.. lepas tuh group work project pulak tak sempat nak buat.. group project kena tinggal buat last minute..nov baru nak start buat padahal due date nov. takde masa pun nak pergi bincang ngan prof dah ler group macam hampeh.. mat salleh pemalas dowh...

that is why my hair is falling.. tapi ak tgh berusaha tak stresskan diri.. jadi cam robot dan buat je kerja.. haha

ninil said...

sayang weyh nk guna moleskine. hahhaa. sy punye ni x abes2 lg sbb syg punya pasal.

tp hok ni lawa bebsss!

fzrzk said...

Ariff: kau kalau stress, lagi gugur kot rambut tuh! haha. Yang penting take things one step at a time. Priority tu penting (quote cikgu aku)

Ainil: hohohoh, yang ni mmg lawa kak ngah... dah tergolek2 pengsan bile melihatnye di website. apetah lagi bile bertentang mata!!

irvingtan said...

Keep blogging though...you have many reader-fans :)

Including this one from Ottawa!

:D

fzrzk said...

:P
thankiu thankiu
yeah, i take my "fans" seriously. so, i will keep on blogging for u irving!