Sunday, February 28, 2010

Summer plans

Oh la la. Summer is coming and I spent more than 3 hours chatting with...none other than cik Yan about our summer getaway. Sorry lah Ariff, tak dapat join pegi trip Austin-Denver-Seattle-Vancouver <-- Mahal.
Instead, kami yang super gedixx who are madly and deeply "inspired" by that shallow, Oh-My-Gucci movie, Pisau Cukur decided to go on a cruise. Huh.

Here's what we found:
A 4-day All inclusive Cruise from Miami-Key West, Fl-Cozumel, Mexico-Miami for only $240. I think this is a good deal. I am trying to escape "we are going to Bahamas on a cruise" stereotype among Malaysian students. Oooops, did I just say that? haha. It's true. Everybody is going to the Bahamas, so Oh Com'on! Plus, I have a shot glass from HRC Nassau already, I guess I don't need to go there anymore ;)

Right after the cruise, we are staying for a bit in Miami (woooot!) and later head off to NYC! It is the only city I don't mind going back for the fourth time! Huh. Say whatever you want, Manhattan is my kinda city. I suggested to Izzy, lets stay at a fancy hotel in NYC for a night! Of course Izzy agreed to it; unfortunately, they are super pricey (more than $300) and I don't know now if I should. Sigh. I just love luxurious hotel, but as a student (and a Petronas Scholar, for that matter)...all I can tell myself is, "YOU! STOP DREAMING!"

Well, I would probably stay in NYC for a week. Get this, MegaBus goes to NYC everyday and their fare is quite cheap. I checked, a return ticket from Toronto to Manhattan on weekdays can be as cheap as $25. Huh. That is a 10 hour bus ride, mind you. London - TO on Greyhound is already $50. Seriously, Greyhound is way overpriced for a bus that looks worst than express buses in Malaysia.

Ok, I'm not throwing my anger at a bus company on a Sunday morning.

Then, I might stop over at Vancouver before I leave Canada for good sometime in end of June. The ticket to Vancouver is just way above my budget, so I think I would just stop over. I might change my mind, we'll see.

Ciao y'all. I have a cake that's baking right now. Gotta go check it out :p

FZ


5 comments:

Anna Mohamed Amin said...

wah2!! nak ikot! ;D

fzrzk said...

haha. boleh anna, you just need to come here!

Anna Mohamed Amin said...

haha.. I wish I have more money! planning to do a US tour with my classmate before our final year or at least before we graduate (kalau ade rezeki lebih)..;D but u dah kat msia da kot or working somewhere.. :(

fidanuar said...

walaupon shallow, Pisau Cukur definitely my fave Malay movie of the year.

fzrzk said...

Anna: Alahai Anna, I remember u asked me bout NYC last year. What happened to that?

Fid: Haha. Agree. It's a simple movie, with predictable storyline, but it didn't fail to entertain me.