Sunday, April 25, 2010

Times stops now

I am lazy.
I am allowed to be lazy.
I AM the definition of lazy right now!

Even writing this makes me lazy.
But I can't afford to be lazy right now cause I want to tell you this:

UNDERGRAD? Done!

April 23. Friday. 5pm. Done. Done. and Done
I can't even described how I felt at that time. I wanted to shout "Exam whaaaaaaat????", but Somerville House is way too elegant for a freakish undergrad kiddo to scream her lungs out. I giggled instead while covering my mouth with my jacket. Izyan cakap Hishhh. Tak otai laa tak jerit. Blehhh.

That night was great for so many reasons. Not only I stuffed myself with perogies+fries and yummy Choc+Strawberry milkshake at a 1950s themed diner, I also went next door to a Lebanese restaurant and had BBQ chicken Shawarma! Muahahahaha! Man, I was so bloated after that. If I had Marble Slab coupons with me, rest assured that place is next!

After many unsuccessful attempts to bug people with my "I'm done!!" phone calls, I ended up watching my favourite TV show, Survivor. Oh I love this show. After every episode, I'll read Jeff Probst's blog. Then, Stephen Fishbach's blog. Then, I'll take a look at Addicted to Survivor group on Facebook to see thoughts and comments about the latest episode. Crazy much? You can bet on it. And most of the time, Izyan lah yang terpaksa dengar my craziness for this game. Anyways, last week's episode was insane. I never said WTF and sh*t so much to my lifeless-laptop screen ever....until last Friday night. Even when Yau Man made that ill-fated deal with Dreamz I didn't shout WTF. What happened? LOL Parvati gave both her hidden immunity idols to Sandra and Jerri. Bold move? YES YES YES! Nak elaborate tp nanti I get carried away. Again, terpaksa explain kepada Izyan kenape ade suare2 kasar dan kurang sopan pada malam tuhhh......

_____________________

FREE TIME:
Now that I'm all done, I'm looking forward to do some reading, believe it or not! I've always been a fan of non-fiction books. You would not see a fiction novel at all in my room. All scientific books and magazines (plus traveling and cook books!). But now that school is over for me, I'm thinking of reading something other than non-fiction books. I shall start with the Brave New World by Aldous Huxley. A book given to me by my dad when I was 13. It has been 10 years since then. I read but could finish it as it was too complex for me. So, this is my redemption...must read this book!

So, any other suggestions?

______________________

Two weeks ago, I attempted to write about Glaciation in Malaysia for my glacial term paper. Little that I know, Malaysian articles/journals/bulletin are so hard to find online. I had to switch my topic to Glaciation in the Tropics with a short review on Mount Kinabalu. Yes, our beloved Mt KInabalu, which is NOT the tallest mountain in Southeast Asia, had glacier before. I was very intrigued about this, but the only pertinent paper on this was not available and it dated 1967! Ohmigod! I wished I could write more, but I just don't have the source. Instead, while googling for this topic, I came across some of the most stunning photos of Mount Kinabalu.

The picture below is from Jimmy Chin, an experienced climber during a climb called Borneo Big Wall in Mount Kinabalu. This was no easy climb as you can see from this picture! I called this the route less taken (tak original sangat :P)

For more Jimmy Chin Borneo Big Wall photos: WEBSITE



Now I wish I can climb!

Check out the video of the climb:

Part 1 of 8:

Borneo Dispatch Video #1 "Kota Kinabalu"

(From borneobigwall.blogspot.com)



I have more things to write about but I'm lazy, remember?
Take care, enjoy your summer!

Later gators.
FZ


PS: I hope I've given enough credit to these people as I used their vid and picture here. That's why I had only 1 photo and video and for more, you have to visit their website!

No comments: