Tuesday, December 20, 2011

Teasing with Dubai

So far, I have nothing big to write. I'm still compiling my Middle Eastern stories, so that's coming up in January. My work (been working in the desert for few weeks now) has just gotten a bit intense for the past couple of weeks with lack of sleep and all. Until now my head is still throbbing from irregular sleeping pattern. Well, there is always panadol for that!

Anyways, some teaser photos. You know by now I'm addicted to editing photos; so here are a few of Dubai pictures. Somehow, of all the great and amazing architecture in Dubai, I'm very deeply amazed by Burj al-Arab. There is something bout this building that captivates me. Maybe it's the luxury feeling, I don't know.

I spent a few hours by the Umm Suqeim beach, reading "On the Road" by Jack Kerouac and just enjoying the view. From this beach, you get an excellent view of the 7-star hotel. I was a loner in Dubai, so photos of me were all from-my-extended-arm-with-the-help-of-my-flip-about-screen. Whats more, I wanted to enjoy the sunset with Burj al-Arab as the background.

Just so you know, some people find it hard to take that I am 24 years old. In my attempt to look more mature, I decided to try this fancy mancy hijab style people are wearing these days. I actually spent some time watching tutorials on how to get it right! Moving from simple & easy tudung bawal to this? It wasn't that life changing, though. I ended up making a complete "OMG" of myself. Sigh. First take, don't wear this style to the beach cause there is this thing called "wind". They like to sweep things out of order.


First of all, I don't think I got it right. Anyways, it looks all good to go back in the hotel. Snap snap a few pics to prove I got it! Well, that's picture bottom right and middle right. At the beach, the wind blew my tudung and it got so messy. I tried to fix it, but com'on the wind WAS blowing WHILE I was fixing my tudung. Go figure! I ended up taking a brooch and pinned the loose end somewhere over my shoulder...The last picture on the top right was the final result. BIG SIGH.

Other than that mishap, I enjoyed my afternoon at the beach :)
(I was hoping there is a ice cream place nearby. boohoo)


Burj al-Arab thru my perspective.






p/s: I used Picasa to edit my photos. Simple software! I love it

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

yeah you moved on. i'll just stay with tudung bawal tho hehhe

ninil

Anna Mohamed Amin said...

wowwww!! awesome photos! ^______^

fzrzk said...

hehehe, bawal is still for me lah. just at times, le me very gedik to try smthing new. bawal united!!

thankss anna! bile nak announce ur winter trip ni?

Linda Anuar said...

paaarrriiiiissss, LAWAAAAAA <3

fzrzk said...

hehehe thanks linda! i love editing pictures! kalau nak harap my photography skills. memang tak dapat lah :p

Linda Anuar said...

duhhh bkn gmbooo, you la lawaaaa pakai tudung gituuuu sumpah prettyyyyy :D

fzrzk said...

hihiihihi, malu2 segan u puji2 i linda. payoh weyy pakai tudung mcm tu. better pakai tudung bawal :)