Thursday, December 29, 2011

That end of the year post

My calendar stats for 2011:
Offshore Malaysia & living abroad (Vietnam & Oman): 171 days
On land (in Malaysia that is): 194 days

Judging from this, one may think I have no life. There is a little truth to that because I missed out on a lot of birthdays, Eid celebration, weddings, vacations with family, friends gathering etc. But truth been told, I would not miss any chance at all to go to places even when it is a hostile environment. If I were to put aside the fancy perks from all this, I'd say it is worthwhile to be away for awhile from all the madness in a big city. It's different when I'm out there in a middle of the ocean or desert. One may say, what can you do other than staring the sky for some stars or watching the beautiful sunset/sunrise, but let me tell you it is more than meets the eye. It's just more relaxing in a way because I get to escape the city. Maybe because I come from Kuantan, a rather small town in Malaysia and I went to London, Ontario to study...again, a small town in Canada. Escaping the frenzied and overpriced city for awhile is a blessing.

I'm still young (25 years old in 2012!!) with minimal responsibilities. I believe here is the chance for all this. Having said that, my thoughts are heading towards keeping myself grounded, be more independent and take more responsibilities. I feel it's time, for responsibilities, I mean.

Trust me, I think the future is scary!


p/s: le me is bored. le me is at Dubai Airport waiting for my flight to KL

No joke! I am getting chubbier!

3 comments:

Anna Mohamed Amin said...

hahaha.. takpe.. chubby itu comel! ;D

hey babe. Anything specific u want from Morocco?

binawahid said...

Farisa, I'm linking your blog at mine's! Anyways, Dubai seems super nice to visit.

-Sabrina-

fzrzk said...

Anna, is it too late to say i nak shot glass dari morocco if available? ngeee

Sabrina: okay!! Nanti I add ur blog skali ;) Indeed Dubai was nice! Apai tahuuu lahh