Saturday, February 14, 2009

vday. yes? no?

Spring break is here! hurmm...but I think the official name as registered in Western Calendar is Reading Week....so, I'm adhering to the "registered name" and stay here in London to study sigh....

In few weeks time, Western is organizing Culture Caravan. I'm all excited for that. As for my club - IISA - we have a few things planned out. Of course we are setting up a booth with tons of brochures! The highlight is performance by the Indonesian Embassy rep, and since we are such a poor club lol, we are selling some Indonesian food. You see, I'm pretty much "working" to promote the Indonesian culture. It is not wrong to do so, but it is not right either. I'm proud of MY culture, but I do not have any access to do promote it, since I don't have a club with the Malaysia name in it! But it's time to get proactive here. Me and Izzy are planning to get some rep from our embassy to come here and perform as well. Since I'm in charge in booking everything (booth, performance timeslot etc) I can pretty much slip in something too. I'm all pumped out to work on this little project. We are getting some Malaysian food to sell as well. And the best part is, I get to wear baju kurung on that day :) I'm crossing my fingers now, hoping the embassy will say YES! If not, booo hoo! I'm still setting up the booth very Malaysian-esque, still. But it wouldn't be impeccable without the performance :(
*This sounds like SmartNiaga altogether*

And so, that is my future plan. As of reading week, I probably going to go out still. Maybe go to Williams and have their delicious waffles and caramel latte! shut up to those who are opening their eyes and mouth open cause of disbelief. They are hell yea good! so screw the calorie and fat count.

so that's it.
ciao

xoxo, farisa on the verge of wide awake

No comments: