Monday, October 11, 2010

12 months

In a year, a lot of things can happen. The face of Earth can change entirely; disasters can strike wiping out some of the best known features to mankind. Season goes by and see the smiling faces of many who enjoyed it. A war between two nations can end, with God-willing and lots of forgiveness. Relationships may reach a tipping point or flourish on a high note. Your pet may pass on its life, but you have yours to continue. One poor man can live a life of the rich, by some twist of fate. Your garden may turn out colourful because you have green fingers for that year. But a few million children in Africa will continue to suffer from the same disease they suffered for years and that remains.

Big and small things can happen in a year. You are a year wiser, but where do all these put you?

This is a reminder to myself. To always look ahead and expect the unexpected. But in a year from now, I wish for a better me with my hearts and feelings intact and my chin held up; asking nothing in return, only something to give.

And I would like to quote a friend "We can always plan the things we want to do; in the end it is always up to God to give it to us"


Take care, gators.


2 comments:

Me said...

"But in a year from now, I wish for a better me with my hearts and feelings intact and my chin held up; asking nothing in return, only something to give."-MasyaAllah. beautiful right there..
that counts the 2 of us. sis..

fzrzk said...

Glad you agree with me Bebee :)
Thanks for the lovely comment!