Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Finding comfort in a person

Heavy-headed and nauseated at times, I find it less comfortable to utter the words "I'm fine" when the honest truth is I live up to all this in order to be a learner. Ah yes, there are times when you feel as though lying down is all the remedy you need. But, in the midst of that, I do realize it is my normal body condition to react the way it reacted. I mean, this is not my first time and as I go along I do find I'm getting better at adjusting myself to the condition of the sea. Meaning that, I don't need Gravol as much as I used to.

Complains? I have none. Cravings? I have a few.

Just that I'm trying to find comfort in the people that I know. Being so far away from those whom you call family/friends, only good thoughts accompany me during my days at sea. Really. For once, I'm seeking a chance to find comfort in one person, but I consider that as far-reaching as of now. Maybe I'm still trapped in my own cocoon of "what if" but hey, this girl has to be one tough chick to get through her days. Simple enough, there is no point of saying out loud words of discouragement, especially to someone, when good words take you further. In my mind, I'm telling myself over and over that all I need is the right attitude to be a survivor because people come and they go, but I stay.


p/s: I once wrote in my travel journal something that goes like this, "Here I am, looking at the ocean. Alone. My heart feels empty. I'm not sure what to feel. But in that solitary moment, my vision becomes very clear. I see things I'm yet to see...." (Santa Monica, 2008). That is why I like to just stand and stare at the open ocean. Alone, preferably.

2 comments:

Keoi said...

hope things are fine with you over there, nk call x dpt kan, let's lepak2 bile dah balik k..;)

fzrzk said...

things are crazy over here :p
(exaggeration attached!)

yerp, for sure. i rasa macam nak gi shopping kat OU dgn semangat sekali. and u jgn buat2 tak paham dgn my statement tu hehehehe