Saturday, October 16, 2010

Vote

I actually voted for this: AYA Awards 2010.
That is Asian Youth Ambassadors Awards 2010.

Yeah, I'm back on land after spending 10 days at sea. The monsoon is approaching so there was no surprise the sea was damn rough on us. I was not in my most handsome condition due to that, but I managed. And, that cost me 3.4kg too. I was somewhat happy to see the weighing scale showing a number less than 50kg for a change. Haha.

Somehow, out of so many things I craved for the past 10 days, I really wanted a frappucino so bad! Humff! And just as I arrived in KL Sentral via ERL, I headed straight to Starbucks and tried their new Creme Brulee Frappe! It was good, but I prefer Java Chip Frappe better :( There, I saw a brochure of AYA Awards 2010. There are 5 finalists and I read their story.

I came across the first person. Oh, HIM! I saw his work before. He is an amazing photographer. No wonder. Ah, great story, too.

Then, I came across the person that once said "...And as I put the last nail into your coffin..." to me and my buddies back in my parliamentary debate days (Yes, I was a debater! Believe it or not!). I read this person's story and I am very impressed. Young and brilliant! I deeply admire all their stories. It hit me 'cause while I only talk talk talk about doing charity work/do something extraordinary, other souls are actually taking the steps to achieve greater things for themselves and others. Damn. I wonder if it was tough when they started their work! (of course it was! who am I kidding????).

So peeps, vote lah if you wish okay. First, read their stories laa dulu ;)

Even I once said, brilliant young mind does not come too often. I guess this will always hold true.


p/s: mulut terlopong and mata terbeliak bile ayat itu diungkapkan ketika debat ala parlimen dulu...

2 comments:

Anna Mohamed Amin said...

omg! I kenal dr. dalvinder tu! tak sangka dpt nominations jugak!

fzrzk said...

LOL. u tak join die ke...sama2 moscow kan..