Tuesday, March 24, 2009

BRINGING MARS BACK TO LONDON
...quoting Dr Gordon Southam.


This can only mean, London is getting more famous by day. Before anything, I want to say something - and feel most oblige to, for that matter - that this London I'm about to write is in Ontario, CANADA. Hummm...yes, there are a few more London(s) in this world. And for those who knew all along, thanks.
Another thing, this is not a geek-nerd-dorky post. Feel free to leave if you think you are any less geekier than I am.

I know, too serious.
Darn I am!
If you don't feel like reading an educational post, just scroll down and read my Britney post, instead...
Ni bukan marah, tapi warning awal-awal haha

Is finding life outside of our own Earth is interesting to you? Then, you are perfect for my Astronomy 2021B course - The Search for Life in the Universe. I was skeptical at first about this course. It's the only course that fits my schedule. Nice. Not that I have any options right? Like I said, I was skeptical. I actually could not care less about life out there. Heh! But that is about to change! Tetibe menarik pulak course nih! It's a pretty darn Cool <--- Capital C, OK! course cause, despite it is at 7pm-10pm every MONDAY night...it never actually end at 10pm, and we watched a short movie every week for like 1 hr. So, the actual time for lecture was less than 1hr30min. If you pay any attention to me (lolz) you will know I love watching documentaries. I would get Tim Hortons while watching the movies, best kan? So, apa dengan cerita Mars and London nih? To date, it is the best studied planet and the one that excites most scientist. But why? Well, for some obvious reasons: it is a terrestrial planet, close to Earth and roughly the same size as Earth; so, we might find LIFE on it. Now that they proved water was in fact present on Mars in the past, there is a chance that life might prevailed in the past. No one knows that for sure, yet! For the 2nd assignment, we were asked to discuss should we bring Mars' sample
back to Earth. I got 7/10. GRRR! I really thought I could have done better! Well, it was my fault. Last minute work and with my very limited knowledge about anything regarding space, I said we should bring back the samples...

Apparently, the answer was supposed to be NO. GRRR!

Rupenye, scientist fear if we bring back to the samples to Earth, contamination could occur. Imagine if the rocks do contain organic matters, who knows how they will react with Earth atmosphere. Pretty soon, entah2 some new disease could emerge and kill us all. Heh. Just look at Black Death in Europe. Itu baru datang dari East, still on Earth. Who knows what will be if it is from extraterrestrial origin. The gamble was not worth it.

But I know deep inside, these scientist do want the sample.
Good thing UWO is an excellent school for its Physics and Astronomy courses (for real)...and we just launched Centre for Planetary Science and Exploration (CPSX) and the Canadian Lunar Research Network (CLRN). CLRN is affliated with NASA.

Maka, samples from Mars can be brought back and studied here! yeay! This centre has the safest and sealed environment to "open the capsule" containing Mars soil with robots to work on them in a chamber. To make long story short, it is a good thing. HAHA.
They also planned to have a module on Moon to investigate the sample first before bringing it back to Earth. If it is not safe, it will remain locked on Moon :)
I read in National Geographic, it said, in the near future, NASA wants to build a space station (sort of) on Moon, and use it as a launching pad to Mars. I can't wait! Sapekah bakal angkasawan pertama ke Mars? heh, pastinye bukan Dr Sheikh kot...die ape kabar sekarang?? busy bercakap dan memberi motivasi ke?

Oh, itu je nak cerite. I don't go into too much detail, cause:
1. it's already 1.40am, and I have a class tomorrow morning at 9.30
2. it will simply be too long and too boring for you fellasss!

Hehe, tanye lah if berminat.

Pape pon, malam tadi...I decided to go to my Astronomy class over-dressed.

Saje2. Sebab baru beli belt skinny itu! Oh yea, you didn't get to see my super pointy killer-heels. Seriously, they killer...they kills my feet every time! Kalau korang rase ni tak over, takper lahh...saye pegi klas pakai tshirt je kadang2...so ni kire over la nihh.

Skinny belt baru beli di Toronto tempoh hari. Please ignore the book :) although that is one of my favourite book.

Sorry, but I just felt like a boy for a night. heh. The "tie" doesn't match though. Well, I don't have an "actual tie", so what the hell.

That is all for tonight..


PS: kepada commenter "tudung makcik kuih", sila tgk pic sebelah sebab tak dah makcik jual kuih! that is so the thing of the past!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

salam kak..
sy asnirah,,junior akak kat smart..
nwy,bleh tak sy nak email akak??
saje nak mntk tnjk ajar akak..
akak kat uk kan??
nsyaallah sy pon nak g sane..akak jek yg sy taw stdy kat sane kat skang.tu pon klu tak kberatan..
email sy asnirah@yahoo.com

fzrzk said...

w'salam.
sy bukan kat UK. tapi dekat Canada.
kembar saye, si Fardia dekat UK. I can ask her to email u, if u dont mind. tp die dekat Paris sekarang, so dalm end of this week, boleh laa tahu :)

take care!

Annas Aziz said...

saya pun nak email akak jugak.
haha, saja merapu.

fzrzk said...

annas korup.. huhu

Anonymous said...

Amiable post and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Thanks you seeking your information.