Wednesday, March 4, 2009

A Recognition

Today, I am $375 richer!
I won the Dr. Harvey Hunter Memorial Award! Truth is, I dont even know anything about it, but it sure will look good on my resume :)

I went to the Keith's office, and there he was flashing an envelope at me with a big grin.
"Surprised?"
"Yes"

Apparently he doesn't even know the name of the award, but he told me it's an award given by the Faculty of Science, and students do not apply for it. It is especially for me. WAAHHH, I was in Cloud Nine! And then he continued to say

"Congrats, and I think there might be a chunk of money in there!"

No, there is no chunks of money in here, just a cheque. LOL
For whatever it's worth, I'm on a lucky streak here. Now I can use this money to pay my camera repair which is somewhere $153 and my SIFT fees $100. And then, I have another $122 to spare, which I think I will just keep it :)

SO, here is what is says in the letter about the award:
Awarded to a second year student who has the highest marks in Earth Sciences
courses and who has enters the third year of an Honors Specialization in Geology
or a double major in an Honors degree which includes Geology
(In memory of Dr. Harvey Hunter)

This is sure a motivation to keep up my average this year! Although I'm skeptical I will be able to get good grades because so far GIS and Astronomy (electives) are pulling my average really2 low! DANG! I hate those kinda electives! It makes me wonder why do I have to take them!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

tahniah farisa!!!

Nasri said...

At the start of the semester, i really really wanted to get the highest mark in my quantum mechanics course but i already screwed it up on my first midterm. Studied hard -) not-so-good result.. :(

fzrzk said...

thanks harun!

nasri: midterms are the worst thing! i always find that i do better in finals

Linda Anuar said...

gempak sial farisa...markah tertinggi tu...perghhhhh

congratsssssssssss! :D

fzrzk said...

thanks lin!! sy pon terkejut dong!!

Ibrahim Sulaiman said...

tahniah farisa tahniah!

fzrzk said...

thanks bangat baim!! lama kamu tak jenguk di sini yer?? hehe

ninil said...

congratssssss agaiiinnnn farisaaaaaaa!!!

fzrzk said...

ainil darling! thanks okeyhh!